Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Preparing the model

1. A current problem is that the body mesh is very high poly.  This will make the skinning process very time consuming.  Is there a version of this model that has a lower poly body that we could use? If not, is there a way to decimate the number of polygons while still maintaining the edge-flow? Getting to a lower poly model will save hours and perhaps days on skinning.

2. Could you attach all the geometry to the body object.  There are many things that are separate right now (clothing, hair, buttons, shoe laces, etc.) and it will cause many problems soon.  In any areas that there is not geometry visible because of clothing (chest, back, groin, thighs, feet), please delete the mesh underneath. This will save in having to do deformations for both the skin underneath and the clothing above.

3.  Could you do a front and side render of Todd? I did not receive textures with this model but I can see that there are textures that have been referenced.  If possible, include these applied textures in the renders.  These images don't have to be that special. I just need them to be used as visual reference for my joint placement.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tyler!
    I've e-mailed my professor about some of these things, which I'm unsure about, but I might have to e-mail the modeler, as well. Sorry! I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
    -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'm unsure what you mean when you say to attach all of the geometry to the body object. Do you mean to parent them? I would like to help, but I haven't taken modeling. I'll still give it a shot, though, if you like.

    ReplyDelete